Monday, February 5, 2018
My perspective on the market is this:
1. If you were kicking yourself because you were out of equities at the start of January and missed the pop, you should be happy right now because you have a chance to earn that money all over again.
2. If you are tooting your own horn because you got out on Wednesday or Thursday and locked in your gains, you should be happy right now because you have a chance to earn that money all over again.
3. Everyone else out there with half a brain already is thinking the same way you are.
4. Big drops cause big doubts.
5. It's about time the Republicans who piled into the market over the past year get washed out.
And as for the day to day:
6. The $VIX is +3SD daily and weekly, so expect big upmoves intraday. Longer-term, though, the regime has changed and you have to get a handle on the new flows before you can say you know what's coming next.