In your opinion, what does this blog need more of?

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Off-topic reads


I see the neo-Nazis from Russia have quit clicking to my blog. Probably because of all the anti-Russian news I post here.

News:

New Deal Demoncrat - actually, it was a bad JOLTS report. NDD has officially diverged from Bill McBride and everyone else, and is becoming a dooooomster.

Polemic's Pains - ramblings of a mad man. He thinks EM is about to head south? But EM is mostly China, and Billy Bishop says that you have to be an idiot to think Chinese data will look bad during the present party stuff. If EM turns it has to be after Xmas. And then this bit on Bitcoin:
Crypto currencies Initial Coin Offerings have broken the records set in CDOsquared property heaven of 2006/7 by amortising the future value of fresh air - this example of a guaranteed honestly useless coin is Useless Etherium, which would be priceless if it didn’t have a price, but it raised $90,000. So if you can now issue crypto currency backed by nothing and folks will buy it, just imagine how much you could get by backing it with something, anything .. even Italian bad debt -
Yup, being able to sell cryptocurrency in IPOs like this really is the sign of a fucking insane bubble. I should print $300T in Monopoly Money with unique serial numbers, call them a "portable cryptocurrency", and sell them to the wackaloon crowd. I'd make a killing.

Bloomberg - which came first, the opioids or the despair? Good point - you have to study the opioid crisis like a disease to see if there's an epidemiological reason. And people don't die of overdoses because they're trying to kill themselves, good point.

Reuters - Congress calls on Trump to denounce hate groups. The traitors!


1 comment:

  1. "I should print $300T in Monopoly Money with unique serial numbers, call them a "portable cryptocurrency", and sell them to the wackaloon crowd. I'd make a killing."

    If you could you truly should.

    I enjoy economics/history as a hobby. In an amateur in the truest sense of the word. Currently, I make a living writing software and this is where I differ from most economists in regards to this topic.

    I can appreciate, to a certain extent, what it takes to create a cryptocurrency with an algorithm that protects it's supply. I made this comment earlier, but the value is both in its demand and it's ability to not be tampered with.

    I wish more people who write articles on cryptocurrency would give credence to this point. Again, it's value *is this.

    ReplyDelete