In your opinion, what does this blog need more of?

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Trump is pretty bad at screening new hires, if Scaramucci is any indication


So Anthony Scaramucci is fired as communications director after just a few days, and here's why:

New Yorker - Anthony Scaramucci called me to unload about White House leakers, Reince Preibus, and Steve Bannon. Quote:

He responded by threatening to fire the entire White House communications staff. “What I’m going to do is, I will eliminate everyone in the comms team and we’ll start over,” he said. I laughed, not sure if he really believed that such a threat would convince a journalist to reveal a source. He continued to press me and complain about the staff he’s inherited in his new job.

Sounds like someone who has no clue how to deal with the media, which makes him a bad choice for WH comm director. Also, he sounds like someone who either runs on empty bluster or destroys organizations on a whim, either of which makes him a bad director of anything.

Continued:



Now, he wanted to know whom I had been talking to about his dinner with the President. Scaramucci, who initiated the call, did not ask for the conversation to be off the record or on background.

Again, he must have no clue how the press works.

The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’”

And slandering well-connected co-workers shows an appalling lack of judgment. Even if they're dicks, you're not going to last if you're publicly whining about them like a little bitch. If you really must let your idiot emotions get the better of you, destroy them from the shadows.

If you can't do that you don't deserve a job higher than mailroom boy.

“I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.”

Again with the slandering well-connected co-workers, but it's at this point that his paranoid malignant narcissism becomes well apparent.

Really, this guy is mentally unwell. He would be homeless and dying on the streets with the rest of the subclinical mentally ill if he wasn't already a millionaire from living like a parasite off OPM.

“This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys. I’ve got digital fingerprints on everything they’ve done through the F.B.I. and the fucking Department of Justice.”

Again, paranoid ideation, inflated sense of self-importance, victim mentality with a feeling of superiority.

A few hours later, I appeared on CNN to discuss the overnight drama. As I was talking about Scaramucci, he called into the show himself and referenced our conversation. He changed his story about Priebus. Instead of saying that he was trying to expose Priebus as a leaker, he said that the reason he mentioned Priebus in his deleted tweet was because he wanted to work together with Priebus to discover the leakers.

“He’s the chief of staff, he’s responsible for understanding and uncovering and helping me do that inside the White House, which is why I put that tweet out last night,” Scaramucci said, after noting that he had talked to me Wednesday night. He then made an argument that journalists were assuming that he was accusing Priebus because they know Priebus leaks to the press.

“When I put out a tweet, and I put Reince’s name in the tweet,” he said, “they’re all making the assumption that it’s him because journalists know who the leakers are. So, if Reince wants to explain that he’s not a leaker, let him do that.”

So he tries to dig himself out of a hole by calling in to CNN and changing the story, not understanding how pathetic that makes him look. But then he even turns his back on that policy and starts attacking Preibus again, as if he's completely unable to control himself.

Now okay, he's worked in finance for 28 years: so all this paranoid narcissism and poor impulse control might just be the result of decades of heavy cocaine abuse. I mean, paranoid narcissism and poor self-control are the hallmarks of cocaine addicts. They're the biggest assholes in the world.

Still, hiring a coke-addict malignant narcissist with poor self-control shows extreme bad judgment on the part of Trump, even worse than the notorious pants-on-head idiocy of Bannon and Preibus.

I used to think Trump couldn't fuck up the country because at least he could hire people who know how to do their job. But now it's apparent he has no clue even how to staff his own organization.


No comments:

Post a Comment