In your opinion, what does this blog need more of?

Monday, February 29, 2016

Canadian banks: shaking my head a bit here


Now that the panty-piddling seems to be over, there are deals aplenty for more conservative investors who want to load up on granny stocks.

For example, BMO yields 4.42%. Oh and they raise their quarterly dividend by 2 cents twice a year.

Royal Bank yields 4.71%. Oh and they also raise their quarterly dividend by 2 cents twice a year.

TD yields 4.2%. Not so regular at raising their dividends though.

I like TD's customer service the best, by the way: when I was trying to wrap up my sister's affairs after she died, the person at the TD branch was unbelievably helpful. It wasn't the typical obstructionist box-ticking nonsense that you get at other utilities (like Cogeco, who were such utter cunts that they literally wouldn't allow me to end her cable service despite her being dead).

So anyway, you tell me why you wouldn't want to own a Canadian bank stock yielding over 4%, considering they have made steady profits for the past 30 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment