In your opinion, what does this blog need more of?

Friday, October 23, 2015

quick note


I almost definitely got 100% on my Polisci test last night. Part of it's because while the test had some questions on IR theory and I had studied enough, it also had some questions on history - and I was there.

Seriously. There was a short answer question on the Cold War. Dude, I was there. I lived through the cold war. I grew up with the 60 Minutes stories on American-backed terror squads murdering nuns, and yet they were the good guys. I was 19 when the Alexanderplatz demonstration happened. I had profs in the Russian department interrupting regularly scheduled classes to talk to us about the importance of the coup against Gorbachev and the rise of Yeltsin. The poor kids of today don't even understand the movie War Games.

Anyway. Just a note to say I haven't disappeared. I'm just at work right now. I'll have some links about gold later. For the time being, lemme just say I am really enjoying the action in the gold miners: they're constantly trying to shake out the longs, but then the miners keep inching higher and higher despite the moribund gold price.

And meanwhile, everyone and their sister continues to print negative articles on gold.

I'm ringing the bell right here and saying that we've seen the bottom.

OK, maybe not the bottom in shitty worthless stocks like Pilot or B2, but at least the bottom in the senior miners generally.


No comments:

Post a Comment