In your opinion, what does this blog need more of?

Monday, March 2, 2015

Crackberry is on crack, Barry, and stuff about my life


Dammit all it just keeps going up doesn't it:


And dumbass me, I bought a whole pile of this thinking it was Burberry.

Ha ha, no, just kidding.

It's kinda freaky that in my first 2 months of this year I've turned around about an 8% profit on my total capital on closed trades, with another 3% still on the table. Maybe I should be unemployed more often! I almost don't want to go to university, since that might get in the way of trading.

Then again, it might make me trade less, which I still have to learn to do if I want to make more money on my trades. Things have been easy, but that 8% could have been 20% if I'd just held trades longer.

See, there's an appropriate time to protect your gains, but there's also an appropriate time to be ultra-aggressive. The problem is that a few months of a tough market (or a few years in the case of miners) can make you inappropriately conservative, and I just have to get that into my head.

Anyway, today I have to address a lingering problem with my power supply, and am wondering what do:

1. Buy a new ATX supply. No big deal, $40-$50, but installing it is a bit of a bitch. I really hate having to connect the motherboard, because the connector is so far in there and I don't want to have to remove the video card and HDs just to reach it.

2. Buy the new ATX supply and also a new 64-bit OS. I'm still running a 32-bit Vista, which means my Civ 4 with ROM mod and gigantic map crashes after the gamefile gets a certain size because it needs >3GB. Problem is, I am very frightened of the work involved in upgrading my OS: I always think it'll fuck everything up, or at a minimum that I'll have to reinstall utterly evarrrything.

3. Buy a new computer. Thing is this one seems to only be 6 years old, and that's a little too early.


No comments:

Post a Comment