Sunday, August 10, 2014
Most exciting and thrilling posts of the week: dicks and capslock
And so let's see what's been the most exciting and thrilling news here on this blog, as chosen by you the viewers (or more likely, those other idiots the other viewers who are far dumber than you):
1. While IKN posts a chick looking at 89 dicks, I post Samuel L. Jackson not being Laurence Fishburne.
It's a funny clip, but it's only #1 because IKN linked to it on his own blog.
2. WEST ANTARCTIC ICE SHEET COLLAPSE HAS BEGUN: here's what you need to know.
Everybody loves the all-caps doomery. Especially more than they love real news, analysis, or opinion. I have new respect for Fox News' business model.
3. JUNK BOND COLLAPSE WILL DESTROY AMERICAN ECONOMY, USHER IN NEW DARK AGE, MAKE BABY JESUS CRY: here's what you need to know.
And another all-caps story. I could get a job at Business Insider with this skill, except I'm already making a decent living elsewhere at a company that will still be in business in 5 years' time, and I also have at least an iota of self-respect.
4. A thought for the weekend.
It's only there because coasta and comet52 keep clicking back to it to see if I've responded to their comments. Those two guys are always good for a few clicks. Why not chat with each other, guys? I don't respond to comments much anymore because seriously it's a lot of work for me to pull up a browser that can successfully load the Blogger comment form.
5. silver is plummeting, so obviously that means economic contraction.
Strangely, a semi-serious post made it into the top five!