Monday, December 30, 2013
The most embarrassing video of 2013: Metallica and Ray Davies not dying in a hail of gunfire
God, this is horrible.
Let's go over the reasons why this is horrible!
3. Hatfield doesn't even pronounce "Davies" properly;
4. Ray Davies stoops to share a stage with these has-beens;
6. I guess the irony's lost on Metallica that the last metal band to cover this song was Van Halen, and Metallica's version sucks more than Van Halen's version, yet once upon a time Metallica considered themselves a more serious and heavy band than Van Halen;
7. I can't stop repeating, Metallica;
8. the guy who originally played the guitar on this song, oh and who parenthetically invented the fucking guitar riff, thus inventing rock music, THUS GIVING METALLICA A CAREER PATH THAT DIDN'T INVOLVE DOING OIL CHANGES OR DEEP-FRYING CHICKEN, isn't on stage because Ray doesn't like that his brother's a poofter or something;
9. Oh and Metallica.