In your opinion, what does this blog need more of?

Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday videos - Evanescence with "Bring Me to Life", a song for the junior mining scene (with lyrics)


I never really got into this band, but Amy Lee sure can belt, and they were about the only band to successfully play gothic operatic metal in the US, and I did really like this song.



What's more, it turns out that it's not a gothic metal love song after all. In fact, Evanescence wrote this song for the destruction of the junior mining scene! I mean, seriously, did you see the lyrics?

Here's the chorus:

Wake me up inside
Wake me up inside
Call my name and save me from the dark
Bid my blood to run
Before I come undone
Save me from the nothing I’ve become

and from the bridge:

Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul
Don't let me die here
There must be something more
Bring me to life

and if that didn't sell you on my thesis then just check out the coda (which you can hear on their Belgium-only live DVD):

the Venture exchange
is a lifestyle exchange
professional geologists are all jokers
and National Instrument 43-101 is their joke
we thought as long as there were Republicans
our scams could go on forever
but now all capital has fled
and now we lie, abject and forlorn, in a pool of our own shit

No comments:

Post a Comment