Here's a few I'd be interesting in going to, with links to the abstracts.
Monday March 4, 9AM: Risk and Reward in Mining Exploration and Development
- Roddy Eggert, Colorado School of Mines: An economist's perspective.
- Chris Hinde and Glen Jones, Intierra: An industry at risk (wooo!).
Monday March 4, 9AM: Capex and low grades
- Richard Bullock, Missouri U: Mine feasibility methods still need correction.
- Frederick "Frank" Earnest, Vista Gold: The Mt. Todd project, a case study.
- Jay Collins, Merit Consultants: CAPEX calamities: where do we go from here?
- Michael Gareau: What makes or breaks a low-grade deposit.
Tuesday March 5, 9AM: Financing in a volatile market
- Eric Fier, Silvercrest: Santa Elena mine, how to be on time and under budget (in your face!!)
- Nolan Watson, Sandstorm: Commodity streaming, alternative financing options in an uncertain market.
- John Nyholt, Pricewater Housepoopers: Metals and mining M&A: the sale is on but nobody's buying.
I guess I could treat it like an educational thing, no? Spend $800 and learn a hell of a lot more than I'd ever get out of newsletter subscriptions and reading Stockhouse.